Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In the beginning ...

Well here I am creating my own blog. My daughter will get a kick out of it ... I once told her I thought blogs were just a place for people to spew their thought out into the world. After seeing a few well run blogs I've changed my mind and think that this will help me keep in touch with all my friends and customers that enjoy my twisting talents. My hopes for this blog is to weekly journal a new balloon sculpture and any fun or interesting twisting gigs that I've participated in. My daughter-in-law has inspired me with her new program to try and add daily entries to their family blog. (Thanks Kelly!) But I am not that ambitious and think that I might be able to keep up with a weekly schedule instead of daily one.

The other reason for this blog is that I am a terrible journal keeper. There is just something about taking the time to put pencil to paper (besides my horrible spelling skills) that I have not been able to overcome. Our church encourages us to keep journals and once a year Betty gives me a new journal to take to Scout Camp. I can usually make 3 or 4 entries and then get too wrapped up with keeping the boys on track to finish their merit badges
. I'm hoping that this will be a better way for me to "journal". I wish that my parents had left me with more information on their lives. The Standiford family has never been very good communicators.

So I'm glad that you've found or been invited to read about my adventures in the Wonderful World of Balloon Sculptures !

3 comments:

  1. MUUAAAHAHAHHA..or as Mom used to say, "Thought you'd see it my way." haha welcome to the blogging world! I think it's a great idea! Love you, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welllllll, I'm impressed. I think I mentioned just the other night that we should have a blog. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I could inspire you. I like your idea of a weekly creation. The only way I think I'll be able to manage my goal is that I DON'T have to create anything I just have to capture something that happens sometime in the day.

    I think this year you should take a video camera to scout camp. How better to capture what really goes on there? And videos can be a journal too.

    Good luck with your project and journaling.

    ReplyDelete